Acquisition: Song of Seduction by Carrie Lofty

Born in California, raised in the Midwest, Carrie Lofty met her husband in England—the best souvenir! She earned her BA in English and history, and then her master’s in history from with a thesis on the impact of Old West legends on society. Since happily abandoning academia in favor of make-believe, she’s been devoted to raised two precocious daughters and writing romance. She also manages Unusual Historicals (https://unusualhistoricals.blogspot.com), the multi-author blog she founded in 2006 to celebrate romances set in unusual times and places.

Carrie’s romances have been praised as “inventive” (Dear Author), “shattering” (Nights & Weekends), and “intelligent” (Smart Bitches). With Ann Aguirre, she also co-writes hot’n’dirty apocalyptic paranormal romances as Ellen Connor. Visit Carrie at her websites or follow her on Twitter.

Song of Seduction by Carrie Lofty

Salzburg, Austria 1804

After claiming his late mentor’s symphony for himself, Dutch composer Arie De Voss became wildly famous across Europe. But the undue praise twists his conscience. Arie’s fear of discovery poisons any attempt to write a redemptive masterpiece, until the adoration of his newest student inspires him.

Hoping a quiet life will diminish the scandal of her birth, widowed violin prodigy Mathilda Heidel hides her musical gifts. But a chance introduction to Arie De Voss, the composer she’s idolized for years, dares her to heed the lure of the stage. In the face of public scrutiny and Arie’s fraud, can she sustain her new identity and salvage their love? And how will Arie choose between Mathilda, his career, and the truth?

Coming in 2010 from Carina Press.

Read chapter one at Carrie’s website.

12 thoughts on “Acquisition: Song of Seduction by Carrie Lofty”

1. Lynn Spencer says:

I liked Lofty’s debut novel, and this sounds like it could be interesting, too. I got to go to Salzburg for R&R when I was working overseas and it’s one of my very favorite places. I’m always excited to see historicals move beyond the usual tried and true settings, so I’ll definitely have to give this one a try!

2. Yeah, Carrie. Congratulations! I love historical romances. Here’s hoping your new book knocks them dead … or at least sells a million or two. :)

3. Andrew says:

My brother doesn’t read romance but he’s a classical composer. I bet he’d love this book if he was into romance. :)

4. Eliza Knight says:

Congrats Carrie! Sounds wonderful :)

5. A nice change from the usual Regency settings. Best of luck with the book.

6. Angelina Barbin says:

Carrie, you are amazing. I hope it’s okay to mention your debut book because I loved it. Your websites are great. I really enjoy your craft articles.

Like you I met my hubby in England. We were both in the Air Force and I count the 5yrs I was in the UK as my ‘best adventure.’

You are very talented and generous and deserve all your success.

7. Carrie Lofty says:

Thanks for all the warm regards, everyone. I’m excited to be here. If you’d like a sneak peak of Untitled Historical Romance (so sexy!), I have chapter one (unedited) posted here: http://carrielofty.com/Salzburg_1.html

8. Deborah says:

Congrats, Carrie! Great first chapter.

9. I haven’t read many historicals recently, but I’ll be lined up for this one. Considering the beautiful language and depth you brought to Will Scarlett’s world, I can’t wait to see what you do with 1804 Salzburg!

10. Bernita says:

Three winners, for sure.
    ~wrings hands~
    How can the rest of us compete?

11. It’s a fantastic book. I was lucky enough to read it a few years ago and the strong characters and writing have stayed with me ever since.