Behind the Story

Photobucket

Do Over, my debut release with Carina, is a fictional story based on a real life event. One of my girlfriends celebrated her 25th wedding anniversary about a year ago. Unbeknownst to her, her husband had planned a surprise celebration that included a trip to their hometown and a walk down memory lane as they visited all their past homes. He wrapped the day up with a huge party. He’d even managed to track down all the bridesmaids and groomsmen from their wedding.

I remember her returning from the weekend and the look on her face as she recounted what he’d done for her. She couldn’t tell the story without tearing up and I thought this is what true love looks like. A few days later she came up to me and said, “you need to write the anniversary story” and I realized she was right. I sat down, created Faith and Troy, and Do Over was born.

I’m quickly approaching my 20th wedding anniversary and, like my friend, I feel like I’ve been truly blessed. My husband is still my best friend. There’s no one I’d rather spend the rest of my life with and a lot of the feelings in the story are based on my own. With two teenagers, I think I’m suffering from pre-empty nest syndrome, so it wasn’t hard to portray the sadness Faith felt as she sent her youngest child off to college. However, as Faith discovers a new chapter in her life with Troy is just beginning, I look forward to this “next stage” in my marriage.

Does anyone else have a romantic story to share?

Do Over blurb:

Sometimes once is not enough…

After twenty-five years of marriage, Faith Wainwright wonders what she’ll do next. Her kids have moved out and sometimes she feels so distant from her husband, Troy.

Right before their anniversary, Troy gives Faith an unexpected gift: a journey through their hometown to reenact all their “firsts”. Their first date. Their first kiss. And especially the first time they made love—only better.

Each stop on their tour becomes an opportunity for Faith and Troy to rediscover how explosive their passion could be. Now Faith knows exactly what she’s going to do—Troy, over and over again….

Mari can be found at:

Website: https://www.maricarr.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mari.carr3

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MariCarr

Blog: https://internationalheat.wordpress.com

Yahoo Groups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/Heat_Wave_Readers/join

8 thoughts on “Behind the Story”

1. Tia Nevitt says:

OMG. This post brought tears to my eyes. I am so buying this book!

2. Maria D. says:

It’s a really great story and is very heartwarming. It’s great to see that love can grow better and stronger in time in our society where so many people just end things when life gets a little more difficult:)

3. linda:) says:

Love you Mari and love your books. I think you have winner with this one.

4. Fedora says:

Mari, I love Faith and Troy’s story! I especially love knowing it’s based on your friend’s real-life experience, and I love how that really gives me hope for my own real-life happily-ever-after! Linda’s right–Do Over IS a winner!

5. This is one of Mari Carr’s most beautiful stories ever. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me wish I had a Troy of my own. What a woderful way to honor a friend.

6. JB Lynn says:

What a beautiful story!

7. This sounds like such a sweet story. And it’s even more poignant to know it’s based on your friend.

8. billi jean says:

This story is moving up on my TBR pile! Can’t wait to settle in for a nice afternoon with it!

hugs,