You tell us: What one book would you recommend as a great summer/vacation read?

Today is my first day back after 10 days away on vacation. And for a little over half of those days, I managed to not check my work email once. This is some kind of record for me, I think, going around 6 days without peeking at work email. I feel like I should get a cookie ;) Instead, what I did get was a wonderful, relaxing vacation with my family. Of course, because we were camping and were with a small army of my extended relatives, there was always something to do or someone to talk to, so I didn’t get as much vacation reading done as I’d wanted. I still have a number of much anticipated books I was “saving” for vacation that I didn’t get to! But I still have some weekends at the beach to look forward to, and I’ll get some reading in then. Still, I’m wondering if I’m the only one who saves books for my vacation?

And since I love book recommendations, you tell us: what’s one book you’ve read the past few months that you think would make excellent vacation reading?

9 thoughts on “You tell us: What one book would you recommend as a great summer/vacation read?”

1. Stephanie Doig says:

I also brought a lot of books on my vacation and finished almost none of them. :) I did read Mindy Kaling’s IS EVERYONE HANGING OUT WITHOUT ME? though, and I’d recommend it for anyone looking for a light, funny nonfiction book.

2. Amanda Byrne says:

Nalini Singh’s TANGLE OF NEED far exceeded my expectations. But the book I’m most looking forward to hasn’t been released yet: BROKEN HARBOUR by Tana French. I’m planning on taking the day off to read it.

3. Sharyn says:

Try Tarnished by Karina Cooper :) http://bit.ly/JweikC

4. One of these best reads of the summer is Gracie Lee Rose – ‘The Start of Something Good’ (Jamett and Joseph series).

This is the creation of historical author Renee Vincent w/a Gracie Lee Rose. Her her books under Renee Vincent (Emerald Isle Trilogy) will leave you breathless.

5. Sorry that was supposed to be *one of the best reads* LOL That’s what I get for doing this at work!

6. MJ says:

I’m loving the Lucky Harbor books. Also, Can’t Buy Me Love by Molly O’Keefe is SO GOOD!

7. Right now I’m eagerly anticipating Elfhome, the third Tinker book by Wen Spencer. She writes SF and fantasy and I love all her books.

8. Ursula says:

Call Me Irresistable by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. An offbeat contemporary texas set romance. Everything a crazy enjoyable escapist summer read should be. (though I have to say it’s hard to pick just one. There’s a ton of good, fresh stuff out there to read and I for one am loving all the choices!)

9. jenreads says:

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. Not a romance but romantic and the perfect summer read.