Why I Have a Crush On All Pararescuemen

It’s finally here! The third book of the Bagram Special Ops series is out, and Maya and Jackson’s story is absolutely the most intense of the trilogy. And what’s not to love about the hero of the book? He’s a Pararescueman (PJ), so considering that, enough said.

Staff Sergeant Jackson Thatcher serves with an elite Special Tactics Squadron under Air Force Special Operations Command at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. He’s a Texas boy at heart and has all the Southern manners to show for it. I could love him for that alone, but what really makes him and all PJs special is their selflessness when it comes to saving others.

The Pararescue motto is That Others May Live, and it’s not just something they’re taught; it’s what separates them from everyone else in the military. Right now there are fewer than 400 active duty PJs in the world, so earning that coveted maroon beret is a feat each PJ is rightly proud of.
 photo pararescuecolor.jpg

They routinely go into harm’s way to perform covert recovery or search and rescue missions behind enemy lines. They also help out civilians during natural disasters and come to the aid of those who are unfortunate to be caught in the crossfire during combat. They’ll go into harm’s way and do whatever is necessary in order to protect their patient and keep them alive during transport back to base–including giving their own lives if need be. That kind of selfless sacrifice to save someone else is unbelievably heroic to me, and it’s why I have a crush on all PJs.I hope you admire them as much as I do!

photo Par.jpg
(photo courtesy USAF)

I’m giving away three digital copies of the books in my Bagram Special Ops series here today (Deadly Descent, Tactical Strike and Lethal Pursuit). To enter, tell me what you love best about military heroes.

photo Lethal_Pursuit_final_zpscfdccf05.jpgBlurb: Security Forces Lieutenant Maya Lopez is right at home in a war zone: she’s been fighting all her life. A hard-won commission in the air force has brought her to Afghanistan, and if she plays her cards right, she could end up with an FBI job. It won’t be easy, but that just makes her more determined.

Jackson Thatcher is a protector in all senses of the word. A pararescue jumper with Southern-boy charm, he easily captures Maya’s interest, but her trust is another story. He’s sexy, strong and caring, but she makes it clear she’s no damsel in distress. She’s never relied on any man, and she’s not about to start now.

When Maya and Jackson become pawns in a radical warlord’s deadly game, they find themselves on the run and must depend on each other if they want to make it out alive.

Available now for only $2.99 at:
Kindle store
Barnes & Noble (Nook)
Carina Press
Audio book

Happy reading,

Kaylea Cross
Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former nationally-carded softball pitcher. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her family. You can find Kaylea through her website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, and her blog.

10 thoughts on “Why I Have a Crush On All Pararescuemen”

1. Nicole MacDonald says:

The thing I love best about military men is that even though they are strong, tough alpha males, they all seem to have that vulnerable side that makes them really hard to resist.

I loved LETHAL PURSUIT. It is the best book, by far, in this trilogy!! Please don’t bother putting me in the draw as I already have the 3 books!!!

Nicoe

2. Teresa Jensen says:

I love that each of the Pararescuemen are so willing to give their own lives so that others can survive as their motto states.They are so giving, strong and very Alpha men who care about everyone especially the women they love.

3. Timitra says:

I love how they’re tough as nails in a combat situation and sensitive and loving with their women…love that contrast!

4. Bonnie Traher says:

Anyone in the military should be our heroes because they are the ones that allow us to live in a free country. Would love to win one of the books. Is there any way to get a print book instead of digital?Have a God blessed day.

5. Carol Yemola says:

I love military heroes because they are not only ruggedly handsome and brave, but they have a tender and gentle side that shines through. The best military heroes are the ones that have a loved one at home that they keep thinking about through thick and thin.

6. Natasha Griffin says:

What I love best is that they are brave enough to do what I am not/cannot and make the world safe for me and my kids.

7. Becca Luman says:

They are strong, alpha males with confidence in what needs done and how to do it! Loyalty, honor and bravery are part of their make-up. And they tend to be very nicely…. muscled! lol

8. Tara says:

Tough on the outside, generally softies on the inside. Always putting themselves second in work and personal life. And their loyalty to their job, country and friends and family is amazing.

9. Justine says:

Military men know how to work under pressure.

10. Kaylea_Cross says:

Thanks for stopping by, everyone! I love the comments :).

The 3 winners are as follows, and please email me at info@kayleacross.com to let me know which title you’d like (choose from Deadly Descent, Tactical Strike or Lethal Pursuit), and if you’d like it in Kindle or epub version:

Bonnie Traher

Natasha Griffin

Becca Luman

Congrats and thanks again for visiting with me!

Kaylea Cross