5 Fun Facts about PROBLEMS IN PARADISE, Texas Nights #3—by Kelsey Browning

problems in paradise CARINA_0714_9781426898686_ProblemsInParadiseProblems in Paradise, book #3 in my Texas Nights series, was the first book I wrote from start-to-finish under contract. I’d like to say it was easy going since I’d learned so much in editing the first two books, Personal Assets and Running the Red Light.

Well…Paradise has lots of plot strands and gave me fits along the way. But between my amazing (and patient!) editor Deb Nemeth and me, we whipped the book and the characters into shape.

So today, I want to share with you a few of the stories behind the Problems in Paradise story:

1. I researched the…ahem…ins-and-outs of food poisoning by chatting with a county health department nurse in Texas. Believe me, I know more about making you sick from food than should make you comfortable. ;-)
  2. Beck Childress was the first law enforcement hero I’ve written in any of my books.
  3. Beck has a bit of a junk food obsession, but his original bad habit was dipping Copenhagen (tobacco). My editor eighty-sixed that real quick, so Beck tossed the can and picked up a Slim Jim instead.
  4. Beck and Eden were one of the most challenging couples I’ve written because they’re both pretty serious folks. That meant they needed to show their fun and playful sides with one another. How did they do that? Redneck wine glasses, that’s all I’m saying.
  5. I thought I knew what Eden’s BIG SECRET was until I wrote the scene where it’s revealed to the reader. Then I was like “Holy crapola, so THAT’S her deal!” Then, she totally whacked me over the head with another one later in the book. That Eden, she’s a sneaky one.

I’m thrilled that early readers are saying this is their favorite Texas Nights book so far. It means all that hard editing work was more than worth the effort. From reader’s mouths…

I was laughing out loud, getting my heart strings tugged on, and just generally SMILING the whole time I was reading. ~ Brooke

You will root for this couple that are like complete opposites but are still great for each other, if only everyone would get out of their way. If you like romantic comedy and contemporary romance, you really need to check this one out. ~ Julie

This contemporary romance is full of twists and turns, some laugh-out-loud moments, and hot steamy sex. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put this book down until I had read the last word. ~ Pamela

As a reader, do you enjoy learning about the stories behind the story?

Get your copy of PROBLEMS IN PARADISE from any of these retailers.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | Books-A-Million | Carina Press | Goodreads

Kelsey Browning - HeadshotKelsey Browning writes sass kickin’ love stories and cozy Southern mysteries. Originally from a Texas town smaller than the ones she writes about, Kelsey has also lived in the Middle East and Los Angeles, proving she’s either adventurous or downright nuts. These days, she hangs out in northeast Georgia with Tech Guy, Smarty Boy, and Bad Dog. She’s currently at work on the next book in her Texas Nights series and The Granny Series.

Connect with Kelsey: Email / Website / Newsletter / Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads / Pinterest

21 thoughts on “5 Fun Facts about PROBLEMS IN PARADISE, Texas Nights #3—by Kelsey Browning”

1. Mary Anne Edwards says:

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two book. I pre-ordered this one and started it last night. Needless to say, I am thoroughly enjoying it, too. I like the back stories. Back stories, to me, makes the book more exciting. Thank you, Kelsey, for your hard work and imagination.

2. Delene Yochum says:

I have loved Kelsey Browning’s Texas Night Series right from the start! Keep writing Kelsey and I’ll keep reading you! Can’t wait for Book#4!!!

3. Margaret Hughes says:

I love learning the stories behind the stories – thanks for sharing. I really love that Eden decided she was going to write her own story…I love it when the characters are so real they take control! Congrats on the new release!

4. Sandy Bartles says:

I love these books by Kelsey Browning! I can’t wait to read this one!

5. Kelsey Browning says:

Mary Anne – thanks bunches for stopping by. I agree with you. Back story is huge for me as a reader. Obviously, I don’t want it all dumped at once. :-) As a writer, I struggle with holding it back for too long.

Kelsey

6. Kelsey Browning says:

Delene – #4, Designed for Love (Mac and Ash’s story) was a hoot to write. Napoleon the shih poo becomes a full-fledged character ;-).

Kelsey

7. Kelsey Browning says:

Margaret – I love to hear the stories behind the book as well. I also love extra scenes. JR Ward is a master at that with her Black Dagger Brotherhood books!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
    Kelsey

8. Kelsey Browning says:

Thanks bunches, Sandy. And thank you for being such a wonderful Dangerous Darling!

<3,
    Kelsey

9. Amy R says:

Hi Kelsey!Congrats on another release! I love “behind the scenes” stuff whether it is with books, movies, or tv shows. I also like deleted scenes…hint, hint. It is fun to know the process because that helps understand the book in general more.

10. Sacha says:

This was definitely my fave in the series. I just love the Texas Nights series, and I adore Kelsey as a person. So lovely, and completely hilarious!!

11. Kelsey Browning says:

Amy –

I’ll do a little digging in my first drafts and see if there are any deleted scenes suitable for public consumption. Sometimes, they’re deleted because they were crappy – LOL.

K-

12. Kelsey Browning says:

Sacha –

Thanks bunches, gal. But I just want to point out to everyone else that I didn’t pay for you to call me lovely or hilarious. #score!

Hugs,
    K-

13. Shari says:

Love your books. I just need to find time to read your new book, Problems in Pardise. Congrats on your new release.

14. Sandy says:

Can’t wait to read this one!!

15. Kelsey Browning says:

Shari – thanks so much. It’s perfect for a weekend afternoon read – hope you find the time soon!

Kelsey

16. Kelsey Browning says:

Sandy – be sure to let me know what you think!

Hugs,
    Kelsey

17. sue lopp says:

I started Problems in Paradise yesterday and i am loving it.I can’t wait to get back to Beck and Eden and see what happens. I enjoy finding out back stories on the books i read.. especially series books. Can’t wait for book #4. :)

18. Kelsey Browning says:

Whoop, Sue! So glad you’re enjoying it!

Kels

19. Tami Schafer says:

Love your books!!! Can’t wait to get to reading this new one :)

20. Sandy says: