What We Want—Romantic Suspense!
In the mood for some suspense with your romance? So are we! We have some truly thrilling romantic suspense books available—see above for a sample—and we just can’t get enough. What makes a good romantic suspense? Fast-paced, exciting stories full of action and tension—sexual and otherwise! :P
Here is what our editors are eager to acquire in the romantic suspense genre:
Angela James, Editorial Director, would like to see:
- A romantic suspense series that features mercenaries who are anti-heroes and anti-heroines. Something a little dark, with heroes/heroines who take you to the edge, don’t see things in black & white, and who have delicious sexual tension and dirty sex. Work hard, play hard!
- I’m still looking for that one cracktastic project to really pull me in and it fits here because something that has suspense elements can help up that cracktastic feel!
Kerri Buckley, Senior Editor, would like to see:
- A super sexy romantic suspense series in which an assassin or a spy falls for his/her mark
- Romantic suspense stories set against an Eastern European backdrop
- A Mr. & Mrs. Smith-style setup, with dual betrayal and non-stop action that takes h/h across the globe
Rhonda Helms, Freelance Editor, would like to see:
- A fab, action-packed New Adult romantic suspense. Ramp up that angst!
- Any M/M romantic suspense? I so want to see it, please!
Alissa Davis, Freelance Editor, would like to see:
- A sexy romantic suspense with a female mercenary heroine and her team tasked with liberating an imprisoned hero.
- A super sexy m/m romantic suspense series, either historical or contemporar
Deb Nemeth, Freelance Editor, would like to see:
- You name it, I want it all: mercenaries, assassins, crime bosses, capers, secret baby rom suspense, m/m rom suspense, stalkers, serial killers, cartels, political intrigue/conspiracies and coverups
- Military romantic suspense with plenty of action/adventure played out across dramatic landscapes such as snowclad mountains or windswept deserts
- Gritty, tautly paced crime investigation romances with savvy investigators facing high-stakes situations
- New Adult romantic suspense featuring a con artist or cat burglar protagonist
- Espionage romance featuring a female—or gay—spy who falls for their target
Submit your romantic suspense to Carina Press now, right here!