What We Want—New Adult Romance!
Happy New Year! Carina Press is always excited and proud to publish wonderful, genre-crossing New Adult fiction—some of which you’ll see above—and we’re looking for more in 2015! Here are some details on the types of New Adult books our editors are looking to acquire.
Angela James, Editorial Director, would like to see:
- New adult heist caper and romance. (I’d actually take a heist story in any age range, but this is a good place to start!)
- A spy or military-set suspense new adult romance.
- New adult-set male/male romance, particularly deeply emotional or angsty romances. Would also love to see a story that is super sexy or even erotic.
- Dark new adult romance that deals with the darker side of obsession, jealousy, possessiveness and discovering sexuality and kink.
Kerri Buckley, Senior Editor, would like to see:
- New Adult romantic suspense—sons and daughters swept up into dark family businesses, military heroes and heroines, nonstop action combined with traditional NA themes.
- Super sexy New Adult set outside of college campuses. Supremely alpha heroes preferred.
- New Adult mysteries or NA novels with mysterious elements
Rhonda Helms, Freelance Editor, would like to see:
- Diverse New Adult romance—LGBTQ, people of color, multicultural.
- Edgy, intense, emotional contemporary New Adult romance.
- Non-contemporary New Adult with strong characters, emotion, resonant romance.
Deborah Nemeth, Freelance Editor, would like to see:
New Adult with multicultural and interracial couples. African-American heroes, Latina heroines, Bollywood romances…
New Adult featuring heroes or heroines in uniform, including m/m, contemp and suspense.
Submit your new adult manuscripts to Carina Press now, right here!