Call for Submissions: We’re Open to Proposals!
Submitting to Carina Press has always—with a few exceptions—required a full manuscript and detailed synopsis. We’re pleased to announce that we’re living lighter this year and relaxing those restrictions. We want to see what’s been brewing in your mind and have a taste of your fresh works in progress!
This proposal call is open to any of the genres we publish in, as outlined below. Have a high-stakes romantic suspense you’ve been working on, or maybe an urban fantasy with great sexual tension? We want to read it!
Submission link: https://carinapress.submittable.com/submit/75963/open-proposal-call
Closing date: September 4, 2017 (all submissions due by 11:59pm Eastern on this date)
Requirements for this proposal call:
- Your book must fall within any of the romance or mystery genres we publish but can be of any heat level or same-sex/multiple pairings.
- Your proposed book must be a completely new work and not have been previously published in any form, whether self-published, posted on a writing community site (example: Wattpad) or released via digital or traditional publisher. Only new material will be considered during this submission call.
- You cannot submit a project you have submitted to Carina Press before.
View this post for the dozens of genres and tropes our editors are dying to read.
Materials needed to participate:
- A query letter with a 1-2 paragraph book description, plus an introduction of yourself as an author/your writing and publishing history.
- Three complete, ready-to-send chapters of a WIP. If you have more than three chapters, you can certainly send more!
- A thorough, well-thought-out synopsis that is at least 5 pages long. The synopsis is extra important with a proposal because we need to see progression of plot, character arc, storyline and, also really crucial—how it ends! See more about writing a synopsis here.
- You may submit more than one project! However, please submit only one proposal per series.
How to submit:
- If your book meets the guidelines above and all your material is ready and properly formatted, please use this link to submit.
- Direct your submission to the editor who has advertised an interest in seeing manuscripts like yours! In doubt? Direct your submission to Editorial Director Angela James or Senior Editor Kerri Buckley.
- We will consider all proposals that fulfill submission call requirements and are received by 11:59pm EST on September 4, 2017.
- All eligible proposals will receive a response within 12 weeks of submission.
Not going to be ready in time? Not to worry. We remain open to full manuscript submissions all year long via bit.ly/write4cp, and more special submission opportunities are coming.
For questions about this call for submissions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Carina Press, and to read our submission guidelines, please visit bit.ly/write4cp.
We can’t wait to get started reading!