Call for Submissions: Male/Male Romantic Suspense (Ongoing Miniseries)
NO FULL MANUSCRIPTS NEEDED TO SUBMIT!
The Carina Press editors are looking for male/male romantic suspense titles that are part of ongoing miniseries. Think Josh Lanyon’s Fair Game series, Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux, or Layla Reyne’s Agents Irish & Whiskey series, where:
- The same heroes travel from book to book
- Each book contains a happy-for-now
- Each book contains an independent suspense arc
- There is an overarching suspense and romantic arc running through the miniseries
We are not looking for a specific balance of romance and suspense, but rather are looking for excellent character- and plot-driven series. We will consider series in which the romance is more prevalent, with light suspense, as well as series in which the suspense is more prevalent than the romance.
This is an ongoing call, which means we’ll be looking for proposals until our needs are met.
Male/Male romantic suspense ongoing miniseries submission link: https://carinapress.submittable.com/submit/106242/male-male-romantic-suspense-proposal-call
Requirements for this proposal call:
- Your book must feature two male protagonists who are romantically involved but can be of any heat level.
- Your proposed miniseries must be composed of completely new works and not have been previously published in any form, whether self-published, posted on a writing community site (example: Wattpad) or released via digital or traditional publisher.
- If you have a previously published book one or series you would like to submit for consideration, please visit this link to submit a query: https://carinapress.submittable.com/submit/25867/previously-published-material
- You cannot submit projects you have submitted to Carina Press before.
Materials needed to participate:
- A detailed query letter with a 3-5 paragraph description of the first book, plus a short introduction of your writing credentials and publishing history.
- A minimum of the first 7,500 words of book one. If you have more than 7,500 words, you can certainly send more! Please note that due to a great number of questions received re: desired words per chapter, we’re revising our guidelines for 2018 to reflect requested word count vs. chapter count.
- A thorough, well-thought-out book one synopsis that is at least 5 pages or 1,600 words long. See more about writing a synopsis here.
- A detailed series outline. This must contain a 2-3 paragraph overview of the series arc, plus a 1-2 paragraph description of each proposed book. Please upload this as a separate document. The series outline is a critical component of this proposal call, and we will not consider submissions that do not include one.
- You may submit more than one project! However, please submit the above material only once per series proposed.
- Times New Roman, 12 pt, black font, double spaced.
- Please put your manuscript title and name in the header information on each page of your proposal and synopses.
How to submit:
- If your book meets the guidelines above and all your material is ready and properly formatted, please use this link to submit.
- Direct your submission to Editorial Director Angela James, Senior Editor Kerri Buckley, or Associate Editor Stephanie Doig.
- All eligible proposals will receive a response within 12 weeks of submission.
For questions about this call for submissions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Carina Press, and to read our submission guidelines, please visit bit.ly/write4cp.